Turning the World Upside Down
Good Morning Joes and Janes;
While President Obama came out last week publicly supporting gay marriage; the media gave rave reviews to his “leadership”. Political pundits lined up on both sides of the issue on main stream media news shows and discussed the ramifications to the country, the presidents elections and people of America. Nowhere did I hear anyone even mention the Bible. What does the Bible say about the events of the past week and President Obama’s declarations?
20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight.
22 Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks,
23 who acquit the guilty for a bribe, but deny justice to the innocent.
24 Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the LORD Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.
25 Therefore the LORD’s anger burns against his people; his hand is raised and he strikes them down. The mountains shake, and the dead bodies are like refuse in the streets. Yet for all this, his anger is not turned away, his hand is still upraised.
26 He lifts up a banner for the distant nations, he whistles for those at the ends of the earth. Here they come, swiftly and speedily!
27 Not one of them grows tired or stumbles, not one slumbers or sleeps; not a belt is loosened at the waist, not a sandal thong is broken.
28 Their arrows are sharp, all their bows are strung; their horses’ hoofs seem like flint, their chariot wheels like a whirlwind.
29 Their roar is like that of the lion, they roar like young lions; they growl as they seize their prey and carry it off with no one to rescue.
30 In that day they will roar over it like the roaring of the sea. And if one looks at the land, he will see darkness and distress; even the light will be darkened by the clouds.
The politicians and political pundits argue and discuss the political implications for taking one stand or another.
- How will the election be effected?
- Will the president gain in poll numbers or lose?
- Will fund raising for the Republican Party increase?
- Will bundlers for the Democratic Party be able to capitalize on the presidents remarks?
I have different questions.
- How long will God withhold His wrath on a people that put such men in power?
- If God judges His own “chosen people” in such a way what will he do to a nation like ours?
- Will the people of the Lord in America turn and bring a revival to the nation?
- Are we a nation that has turned our back on God?
I can think of specific national news stories that match each of verses 20 through 23! God says woe to the nation that acts in such a way! God and history teach us that such a nation will not last for long. America is no different. We do not have a Devine protection no matter how we act. God’s protection and provision for America is conditional. As Christians we should be reaching, preaching and teaching those around us to influence the directions of our towns, counties, state and national governments. If not then one day we will awaken to a very dark and oppressed America that is no longer that shining city on a hill envisioned by and left to us by our Founding Fathers. A day not too far in the future.
- A Ship Without a Rudder (5gsandacupofjoe.net)
- Newsweek Obama Cover: ‘The First Gay President’ (newsbusters.org)
- The Wisdom of Same Sex Marriage (socyberty.com)
- Coming Earth Changes!! (mackquigley.wordpress.com)
- Moral landslide (vcstar.com)
- President Obama’s Gay Marriage Stance: 60% Of Voters Don’t Care [Gallup Poll] (inquisitr.com)
- President Obama Out of the Closet (lifeofafemalebiblewarrior.wordpress.com)
Posted on May 14, 2012, in DAILY DEVOTIONAL and tagged Barack Obama, Bible, Christianity, Daily Devotional, Mainstream media, Regular Joe, Religion and Spirituality, Same-sex marriage, The 5 G's, United States. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.